17.12.07

My lists of seasonal likes and dislikes

Things I like about Christmas time:
-Garlands of live greens as home decor.
-Lights.
-Decorations that involve scented candles
-Fires in the fireplace, particularly ones built without the aid of matches or a lighter.
-The playfulness of the season: people aren't as lame and boring.
-Giving and getting little presents, particularly when there's a stranger on the other end.
-Burying my cigarette butts in the snow (I hate to admit it but it's true).
-Wassail on a cold night.. mmm.
-Making little snowmen and affixing them to the tops of people's cars.
-Bells. I used to be in a bell choir, you know. I was damn good, little white gloves and all.
-Watching snow fall.

Things I do not like:
-Creepy 2 ft.+ tall little figurines of christmasy characters like father christmas or snowmen, particularly when said creepy figures can be plugged in and made to move. Why is it that old people love those so much?? They scare the crap out of me.
-Shoveling out my car and scraping my windows off every time I have to go somewhere, especially right before work.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

You did bells!! NO WAY! No one does that, but guess what? I have done it for years now. In fact, I did it as recently as 2 years ago. So funny! You never meet anyone who even really knows what you're talking about let alone has done it before!

Mon Dec 17, 11:13:00 AM  
Blogger mags said...

No way!! I SO would love to join a bell choir, but I don't know of any parishes in the area that do it any more, much less with adults. I guess people think it's cuter with little kids... it sells better when they're getting the funds together. I wonder who I'd talk to about joining a bell choir...

Mon Dec 17, 04:31:00 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

I love the two feet tall figurine phobia. Stuff like that can be scary though, especially when they have staring, leery eyes.

Mon Dec 17, 04:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger