4.12.07

Delusions of Grandeur

Me: So do people really actually write famous people and inventors and stuff?
My mom: Yeah, they get tons of mail. Mainly from delusional people who've convinced themselves that they have something brilliant to say that that the famous person will love. They somehow talk themselves into believing that their letter is the one the person will happen to read. Why do you ask?
Me: Oh... nothing...

I mean, come on, people! Is it really that delusional to fantasize about someone brilliant thinking you're brilliant and responding to your letter? Sigh.

This book that Phil and I read together, "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer, planted this seed in my head... I think I'm going to begin a list of famously brilliant people to write this summer and see what happens.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kay Pea said...

Foer is awesome. You guys should read Everything is Illuminated.

Wed Dec 05, 09:45:00 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

This post makes me wish I was famously brilliant, so that you'd write to ME.

And if that isn't a totally crazy-internet-stalker thing to say, I don't know what is. Thank goodness we know each other in real life, right?

Wed Dec 05, 09:56:00 AM  
Blogger mags said...

KP: Already have, baby. Already have. Now all I need is the soundtrack to the movie... that Ukranian funk seriously just makes me want to dance!

Erin: Haha! Seriously. Speaking of which, could you email me your home address?
maggiejeanne831@yahoo.com

Wed Dec 05, 03:25:00 PM  
Blogger Kay Pea said...

PS. I love nancy. we need to have a blog dedicated to funny quotes by nancy.

Wed Dec 05, 05:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger