11.12.07

dream analysis

I had this crazy high stress dream where someone dear to me died, was killed, and I was mourning their death. The dream took place underwater and I was trying to mourn or cope with their death. One of my brothers lead me swimming deep underwater to see this school of beautiful, delicate, whispy little blue fish with red, plastic-feather like tails. It was very peaceful. But then everything went all awry because they went from being beautiful to look at to swamping me and trying to swim in my mouth and down my throat. And that's where the stress came in because I was totally panicking trying to vomit them up, or rather their tails because their bodies suddenly didn't exist anymore and keep them out of my mouth but they wouldn't stop swimming in and were all dying- being killed by me?-, and I wanted no part of it. It was weird. And as soon as they swamped me I was all alone, and after it was over I was really sad and still by myself.

So since I'm the only one I know awake at this hour and I have nothing better to do, I've decided to try and analyze my dream. I went through what I just wrote and searched what words I could in the dream dictionary, and this is what the different parts of my dream are supposed to represent:

Death- To dream about the death of a loved one, suggests that you are lacking a certain aspect or quality that the loved one embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what do you like about him. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances.
Killed- To dream that someone has been killed, suggests that their actions are disconnected from their emotions.
Mourning- To dream that you are in mourning, refers to your inability to let go of the past. You need clear those old experiences and make way for the new. To dream that you are wearing mourning, symbolizes grief, bad luck, and unhappiness.
Underwater- To dream that you are underwater, suggests that you are feeling overcome with emotions and are in need of greater control in your life. You may be in over your head regarding some situation. To dream that you are breathing underwater, represents a retreat back into the womb. You want to return to a state where you were dependent and free from responsibilities. Perhaps you are feeling helpless, unable to fulfill your own needs and caring for yourself. Alternatively, you may be submerged in your emotions.
Swimming- To dream that you are swimming, suggests that you are exploring aspects of your unconscious mind and emotions. The dream may be a sign that you are seeking some sort of emotional support. To dream that you are swimming underwater, suggests that you are completely submerged in your own feelings. You are forcing yourself to deal with your emotional difficulties.
Brother- To see your brother in your dream, may symbolize some aspect of your relationship with him. It can also serve to remind you that someone in your waking life has certain characteristics/behavior similar to your brother's.
Peace- To dream of peace and tranquility, indicates an end or a resolution to an emotional issue or inner conflict. It may signal and end of a cycle and the pause before the beginning of a new endeavor. It also suggest that you have reached a new level of stability and calmness. Alternatively, the maddening quietness may refer to the calm before the storm.
Fish- To see fish swimming in your dream, signifies insights from your unconscious mind. Thus to catch a fish, represents insights which have been brought to the surface. The fish is also an ancient symbol of Christianity and Christian beliefs. It may also imply a slippery or elusive situation. To dream that you are eating fish, symbolizes your beliefs, spirituality, luck, energy and nourishment. It is food for the soul. To see a dead fish, signifies disappointment and loss of power/wealth.
Blue- Blue represents truth, wisdom, heaven, eternity, devotion, tranquility, loyalty and openness. The presence of this color in your dream, may symbolize your spiritual guide and your optimism of the future. You have clarity of mind. Depending on the context of your dream, the color blue may also be a metaphor of "being blue" and feeling sad.
Red- Red is an indication of raw energy, force, vigor, intense passion, aggression, power, courage and passion. The color red has deep emotional and spiritual connotations.
Red is also the color of danger, shame, sexual impulses and urges.
Tails- To see only the tail of an animal in your dream, signifies annoyances and complications in situations where pleasure was surely to be expected.
Feathers- To dream of feathers floating in the air, signifies a life of ease, comfort, warmth and of financial gains. It may describe your lightheartedness and enjoyment for life. Alternatively, they may represent confusion, hastiness, and lost of dignity.
Plastic- To see plastic objects in your dream, suggests that you are being fake and artificial. You are not being genuine and true to yourself.
Mouth- To see a mouth in your dream, signifies your need to express yourself or talk about an issue that's bothering you.
Throat- To see your throat in your dream, symbolizes the ability to express yourself and communicate your thoughts/ideas.
Killing- To dream that you killed someone, forewarns that heavy stress may cause you to lose your temper and self-control. This dream may also represent a part of you or your life that you wish would leave you alone and stop creating a nuisance. Killing may represent the killing off of old parts of yourself and old habits.
Panic- To dream that you are in a panic, indicates a lack of control and power in your life. You may be feeling helpless in some situation or unable to make a clear decision.
Distress- To dream that you or others are in distress, suggest that things will turn out better than you expected. You will find that all your worries were for nothing and need to lighten up.
Abhorrence- To dream that you abhor a person, denotes a strange dislike for some person, and your suspicions of his integrity and honesty will prove correct. Difficult times are also ahead for you in the near future.
Vomit- To dream that you are vomiting, indicates that you need to reject or discard an aspect of your life that is revolting. There are some emotions or concepts that you need to confront and then let go.
Sad- To dream that you are sad, suggests that you need to learn from your disappointments and make yourself happy.
Alone- To dream that you are alone, indicates feelings of rejection. You may be feeling that no one understand you.

So now I'm sitting here scratching my head not QUITE sure what to make of that all, but definitely wondering if I really have as many more issues right now than I thought I did. Stupid dreams.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kay Pea said...

thats crazy...i went through a phase like that--obsessed with dreams and what not. I realized that it was not i who was obsessed with dreams but rather obsessed with finding answers to questions that dont have an answer. so take of that what you will...ANYWAY...my email is katieyoung83@hotmail.com, please pass that on to emily.

Tue Dec 11, 09:15:00 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Crazy yes. But I don't know. I had a dream about something that I had been very afraid of at the time even when I was awake. That probably suggests that dreams have at least something in commen with your actual life. I do think they went overboard with their analysis, though. Maybe I'm being silly.

Tue Dec 11, 04:31:00 PM  
Blogger Kay Pea said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Tue Dec 11, 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger Lagartija said...

Will you analyze all my crazy pregnancy dreams? Many of them are about being chased, although the bad person never gets me.

Sat Dec 15, 11:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger