22.9.07

Deceit and Bogus Words

I hate to do this to family, but the truth shall be heard.

When I was reading this post by asiankp, I asked her, "Hey, KP, what's verocious? Don't you mean FERocious?" She made up some definition and threw it nonchalantly across the room at me as though it was obvious. I accepted it.

... for about 10 seconds. Then I looked into it, and "verocious" is not listed in the OED, and if you type in define verocious on a google search you get a load of crap. It's bogus.

So what's up with that, KP? Why are you lying to me and the whole intranet? You could have just told me. I would have forgiven you. You didn't have to lie about it. I mean... at least it gets its meaning across even if it isn't legit...

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SomethingInMyEye said...

I think she means voracious. Verocious isn't a word.

Mon Sep 24, 02:09:00 PM  
Blogger Kay Pea said...

for the 38432943287493875th time...its a portmanteau, people.

Mon Sep 24, 03:22:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

Well it COULD be... if it was an accepted one. Which it is not. Reference the listing of accepted portmanteau's at the bottom of YOUR Meriam-Webster source. By the way, you probably should have mentioned that you straight up copied them word for word.

Which is plagiarism, darling.

It did make for a great flow to your post, though.. I was all impressed with your smarts! Tee hee!

Mon Sep 24, 06:43:00 PM  
Blogger Kay Pea said...

poo poo on you mags. i never said i wasnt going to copy those portmanteaus direct. in fact, some of the did come from my brain and it is coincidental that they are the same...Hmm...hmmm...ever think of that...ps. lagarjita deleted the TMI post...I'm a little disappointed...

Tue Sep 25, 01:02:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

Awwww... what a stick in the mud! I love hearing all about her sex life! ;)

Perhaps drunken sleep-overs in shy-town are a better context for it, nonetheless...

Tue Sep 25, 01:09:00 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Hey mags, sorry about the no blogging thing, I have now posted. :) It is a semi-angry post, if that intices you at all.

Tue Sep 25, 05:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger