6.9.07

speaking of things that upset me...

Yesterday before class I went to shake up my can of V8 juice (it settles) without realizing that I'd already opened it... and got tomato juice all over my shirt. It looked like puke. So I went to the bathroom to wash it off, but it was really hard, and paper towel kinda rubs off and leaves particles on your shirt, so to get everything off, I ended up getting the front of my shirt... really... wet. And then I had to walk into class. And it was mortifying. I was hoping I could just go quickly to my seat and no one would notice... yeah, right. EVERYONE turns to stare at me, and I could see the snears forming in the corners of their lips as they formulated nasty little snicker remarks to whisper to each other about the white girl, so I had to think fast and stopped and said "Uhh...What? I thought today was the wet T-shirt contest..?" It worked and they all laughed, situation diffused, but it was still really embarassing and I wanted to cry. Women are really really mean and scary.

Yeah. I've been kinda emotional lately...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

One time one of my classmates walked in to class without a shirt on (don't worry, it was a guy), I found that rather humorous. But you're right, just play it off and everyone with just be thinking how funny and unusual that was- this guy walked in with all the confidence in the world and just sat down like nothing was weird. Turns out he rides his bike to school and puts his shirt in his backpack so its clean, but his roommate had taken it out of his backpack, hence no shirt. :)

Fri Sep 07, 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Kay Pea said...

I like how you use humor to diffuse the awkwardness of the situation. You are my hero.

ps. lizzy's blog is super deep. man. oh man.

Fri Sep 07, 01:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger