30.8.07

The Patch Part II

Yeah. So after a few days on the patch my status was this:

1. Chronic bad headaches were turned into excruciatingly painful dehabilitating headaches.
2. Random 1-3 minute "episodes" where my whole arm that I had the patch on would go numb in a stingy, panicky way.
3. Quickened and irregular pulse.
4. Psychotic dreams that I was wholly unable to distinguish from reality the next day... it took me a full 8 hours to realize I'd been doing something over and over again based on a dream, not reality.
5. VIOLENT mood swings including excessive profanity, uncontrollable emotions and numerous disgruntled and affronted family member victims.
6. Lightheadedness when exercising, even in controlled climates.
7. I STILL desperately wanted to smoke.

So, I said "**** You, Patch." One or two side effects you can get through... but geez. I don't need that. Especially if I still want my stupid cigarettes... why have 7 side effects when you could have just one? So yeah, the patch didn't last.... BUT...

Yes, BUT... I'm still not smoking. Wassup now, Nickles?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

You are awesome Mags, and I am praying for you! Good idea on saying goodbye to the patch, I've heard weird things about them as well.

Thu Aug 30, 08:22:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

Thanks Krista!! I really appreciate it!

Thu Aug 30, 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger LMO said...

I pretty much hear that all of those side effects are standard for the patch... weird that the box doesn't say otherwise. I'm pretty sure the patch wouldn't help to lessen cravings for a cig unless you could role it up and smoke it.

So yeah, props for moving on on your own :)

Sun Sep 02, 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger mags said...

When's the last time you had nearly all the listed ridiculous side effects for a drug? Usually it's one or two, otherwise why'd you bother.

Second... that's retarded.

Third... I dunno, your comment just pissed me off all around. :) Maybe that's not fair of me, but... hey, what is.

Mon Sep 03, 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger LMO said...

So check it out - i have heard a few people say that they had trippy dreams while using the patch, and out of curiosity I looked it up.

"Due to its stimulation of the nicotonic receptors it has been reported as a useful tool for the induction of lucid dreams, where a nicotine patch is applied after 4-6 hours of normal sleep and the subject falls back to sleep (into a more REM intense sleep cycle). Non-lucid dreams may become vivid, more memorable and some report a higher frequency of disturbing dreams. "

Makes me wonder if the unusual dreams I have when i'm stressed are actually from smoking a whole lot more than usual. weird.

Sun Sep 09, 12:52:00 AM  
Blogger mags said...

I'd believe it. That stuff can be trippy. And you wake up anxious and even less rested.. how sucky is that? Stress probably doesn't help either.

Sun Sep 09, 01:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger