25.9.07

Ethical Dilemma

So let's talk about plagiarism again. Here's the thing. I hate to admit this, but I really do take full advantage of the ease and reliability of wikipedia. Thing is, that's kinda sketchy when it comes to using it as a source. BUT, it has good information that supports my thesis well. So can I use that information in my paper, but cite the source they cited for that particular information instead of citing wikipedia?... is that ethical? I'm actually not looking at these books or articles at all, nor am I in any way inclined to- it's not that long of a paper. But then again.. they are legit, peer-reviewed sources they're citing and it's the same info, so why not?

Also, why am I so mortified that I use wikipedia as an information source about everything under the sun? I mean... it is the most ultimately peer-reviewed source of information there is, practically.

I should check if wikipedia addresses this issue under plagiarism...

Also, I was wondering if any of you have contributed to wikipedia or know someone who has. Just curious.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger