2.8.07

Spider hunting

Okay, so I'm not one of those people (girls?) who sees a spider and starts FREAKING out. I'm not. But I'm definitely not above a shiver and a start if I'm alone when I encounter one in my living space. And since I'm living in the basement, well, there are spiders.

This is not that big of a deal to me... mainly because you rarely see them when the lights are on, they come out when it's dark. But the other night I got bit by one of the @#$%s. And that made me really really mad. So I've been spider hunting in my free time. I find those vaccum hoses are good for sucking out all the nooks and crannies and between all the books (my room is a library with 3 full walls of bookcases, ceiling to floor). So far my known death count is up to 6. I also discovered that taking out the ceiling tiles and vaccuming above is where most of their homes are. God only knows how many spider homes I've destroyed without a trace.

Did they actually think they could feast upon my flesh while I'm sleeping without retaliation? Aww, HELL no. It's ON.

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Hi Maggie,

I noticed that you think you only have 2 readers...Well, I am Krista's fabulous sister and I read your blog.

I am not funny, so I love reading the thoughts of very funny people. :)

Fri Aug 03, 05:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kay Pea said...

maggie...there are no spiders at howie and linda's...just a thought.

Fri Aug 03, 06:05:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

I can't even considerate until I'm registered for classes and have some sort of work situation under control...

Wed Aug 08, 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger mags said...

Leah: That's such a crazy coincidence, because I read yours, too!

Wed Aug 08, 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Kay Pea said...

mags...i need your help in making my blog look pretty like yours and i need to get rid of those weird hyperlinks. can you help me or do you need to contact "phil" who does everything for you?

Wed Aug 08, 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger mags said...

Phil who?

Hyperlinks... well, anything on the side vertical side bars is towards the bottom of the template... just look for things you recognize and delete the line that has whatever you want to go.

And that would be my know-nothing response without phil around.. awww. :( I don't even know what a freaking hyperlink is...

Wed Aug 08, 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger mags said...

Oh, KP, where it says "LINKS" and "edit-me" on yours? Just look for those words... and put in a real link? Unless you don't have one, then just delete the line. That's what I'd do.

Wed Aug 08, 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Kay Pea said...

thanks mucho. now you need to blog again. ive been turning to other blogs but there are not as funny as you. har-har.

Wed Aug 08, 01:57:00 PM  
Blogger Kay Pea said...

PS. I'd like to invite you to be a guest blogger on my blog every Friday. let me know if you want to.

Wed Aug 08, 02:01:00 PM  
Blogger Lagartija said...

Can I make a quick blog so you can link MINE?

Thu Aug 09, 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

Haha! Yes, I'll help you Lizzie. But ONLY if you post! And let me use your digital camera so I can post pics on mine!

And KP, I would be honored... I would like to begin Friday, August 17th, so I have an opportunity to prepare something.

Fri Aug 10, 01:12:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

AlSO, Liz... no more sending mom links to ANY page that links to mine... as if my life here isn't already a 360 degree stage...

Fri Aug 10, 03:41:00 PM  
Blogger Lagartija said...

I didn't send her the page. I copied and pasted.

Fri Aug 10, 11:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger