20.7.07

Speaking of my neice...

She's been coloring pictures for Phil all afternoon because she has this new "how to draw a bazillion animals" book from the library, and apparently Phil's a pretense for her to hold me captive as an audience.

So, right. She asked me what his favorite animal was. My instinct was to blurt out "armadillo," but on second thought I decided to go with the Kangaroo Mouse. I mean seriously, how could it not be?

She asked what that was so I explained them to her and she says, "Oh, right." And then two minutes later she asks, "So do you know MY favorite animal Aunt Maggie?" She'd changed her mind again, though, because now after hearing about kangaroo mice she's decided her favorite animal is the Lion Rat.

Do I joke that much that I'm not even credible to a 4 year old?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

ooooh, sweet! i got a link on maggie's blog. nick is going to be so mad at you when he sees this, and he isn't linked. just warning you. :)

Sun Jul 22, 06:23:00 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

nevermind...i found his link on the OTHER side of the page. just out of curiousity, which side do you like better??

Sun Jul 22, 06:26:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

MY side of course(that you're on :)), Silly!

Hehe.. I'm so glad you noticed! Now you can navigate back to your own page with convenience! That and well... computers aren't really my thing. Usually I make phil do all that tedious stuff. But I've been fending for myself just fine..

By the way, I LOVE your blog and check it daily...

Sun Jul 22, 08:43:00 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

I am glad you check my blog every day, because now I don't feel so stalker-ish checking yours every day. :) (Which I have been doing for a while now, but don't comment on everything to avoid looking like I have nothing else to do but be on the computer). Anyway, I love your stories, they always make me smile.

Mon Jul 23, 06:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger