24.4.07

Hawaii Fantasy

So lately I've been researching flight schools, cuz Noah was talking about wanting to become a helicopter pilot once he got out before the whole second deployment thing happened. Granted, he also was talking about NOT becoming a helicopter pilot (something about impracticality? huh, what's that?), but he seemed so happy and interested in the helicopter pilot thing, that I thought it'd be worthwhile to start compiling information (yes, a year an half in advance) and seeing what's out there just for fun. And it's a nice distraction from my job search now and then.

Seriously, flying helicopters as a profession is TOTALLY COOL!!Researching this has made me rethink my career path. Haha... I'm almost tempted to steal his dream job while he's in Iraq. And then I'm going to join the "Whirly Girls." Sweet. Except not. He's suited to it and I'm not. But it's still totally sweet.

Anyways, one of the flight schools I particularly like is in Hawaii, so I used that as an excuse to research cost of living, etc., in Hawai... and wow! Totally cool! It's actually less expensive than living in CA, from what I can tell! (At least... for a year... renting) And it's easier to rent there without having to sign into a long lease cuz with all the tourists that's pretty standard. Awesome. Anyways.

I've been having a lot of fun checking these places out. It's cool to see how easily fantasies and whims could become a reality. It makes my day so much easier...

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger 5c-bag-o-funk said...

Guess who I am!

Hint...

Runaway train never going back
Wrong way on a one way track
Seems like I should be getting somewhere
Somehow I'm neither here no there

Mon Apr 30, 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger mags said...

Nickles?

Call you up in the middle of the night
Like a firefly without a light
You were there like a blowtorch burning
I was a key that could use a little turning
So tired that I couldn't even sleep
So many secrets I couldn't keep
Promised myself I wouldn't weep
One more promise I couldn't keep

Thu May 03, 02:08:00 AM  
Blogger Kay Pea said...

WHAT THE FLIP? Jerome is waiting to make his next move and that depends ENTIRELY on YOU.

Thu May 10, 09:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger