17.3.07

I'm pregnant!

Okay, maybe not really. But today, I actually lied and said I was. I don't know what's wrong with me. But it seemed like the natural thing to do...

So I'm at the store, right? And I wanted to buy cocoa butter because it's really good for your skin, and as far as moisturizers go, I've always done well with it. Well the only cocoa butter I found at Target was this Burt's Bees "Belly Butter" that was cocoa butter and vitamin E complex that looked really good. Only thing is, it says "Mama Bee" on it, because they recommend that pregnant women use it when they're pregnant and their bellies are stretching because cocoa butter is so good for your skin, elasticity, etc. Right, that's cool... it's a good marketing approach. But then when I'm at the checkout buying this, the checkout lady makes some reasonable assumptions and asks, "So are you pregnant or did you just have the baby?" I guess normal women get offended at this. My sisters were mortified that I'd lie about it. But I'm sitting here like, "OOoOoooh. I wish I was pregnant!" So I lie and say I'm pregnant and that it's my first and then all of a sudden there are three checkout ladies congratulating me and giving me pregnant mommy tips and stuff. It was so much fun!! Very wrong. But SO much fun.

Next time I think I'm going to buy boxers and Old Spice deodorant and pretend I'm a man.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

PaHAHAHAHAHA! That was hilarious! As for "pretend to be a man", I say, Go for it!! (And then report back here!)

Sun Mar 18, 05:18:00 PM  
Blogger SomethingInMyEye said...

You make me laugh Megsters! I do the same thing (but not about pregnancy- except on April fool's day, but that's just for my mother). . .I shall go blog a story about it now b/c it's too long to post here.

Fri Mar 23, 09:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger