12.3.07

I'm a betting kind of woman.

Never underestimate the motivational incentive of a friendly, high-stakes bet.

Yesterday I bet my brother $600 (that's an entire Wisconsin winter's worth of warmth and energy- we live together and the heat/energy bill came) that I can go longer without smoking than he can. He accepted. Sucker.

(Yes, I quit smoking for a month and a half. Longer, actually. But then these last two weeks got me smoking again. So anyways, now I'm in for the long haul, cuz that's a lot of money.)

High from the thrill of that bet, and still a little cocky, when my older sister started musing about what kind of stakes would motivate her to lose weight, I also impulsively bet my her $150 that I could lose 10% of my body weight before she could lose 10% of hers. She wants to be little before she gets pregnant again so she can be a cute pregnant lady. And if I ever get married, I do NOT want to be fat. That would suck. So anyways, better addressed sooner than later. And how better addressed than by means of some healthy competition?

God may have made me a little lazy of my own accord, but Praise Him for giving me a competitive nature!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kay Pea said...

So,how is that bet going? and better yet...how are you going? i hope phil is doing well...

Fri Mar 16, 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

I've been doing well on both bets.

I miss Phil. He called from Kuwait the day before last. He sounded pretty good.

Fri Mar 16, 03:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger