2.8.07

I heart H&R Block

So I need to apply with FAFSA cuz I need financial aid to go back to school, so that meant I had to do taxes. Which I haven't done in two years. So last Friday I went to H&R Block to see if they could help me out. I was really dragging my feet as I trudged through their doors cuz I was expecting to have to pay a lot of money, and that they wouldn't even be able to help me. This is the state in which I arrived:

1. I hadn't filed for 2005.
2. I didn't have 2005's W2s.
3. I had an extension, but hadn't filed for 2006.
4. I was missing one of my W2s for 2006, cuz Ave X never sent it to me.
5. I've been claiming more exemptions (?) than I'm due so they take out less taxes- so I was expecting to have to pay a lot back.

But Tolanda at H&R Block TOTALLY hooked me up with her tax knowledge and stuff and in the end, I didn't even NEED to file for 2005, so that was all square, and I ended up getting twice what they took out back for 2006, cuz she knew about some programs I qualified for and stuff. Pretty crazy cool if you ask me... I doubled my returns on the taxes the government had me pay this year! Taxes are like a mandatory fast-growing investment account when you file through H&R Block!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger LMO said...

this totally sounds like an ad - just admit it, they doubled your return in exchange for sneaky customer referrals!

Sat Aug 18, 09:48:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

Ha ha! Talonda WAS quite the businesswoman...

Sun Aug 26, 08:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger