9.5.08

Word for the wise...

Baking cookies in a breadpan (as opposed to cookie sheet)= no go.

In other breaking news:

1. I had a double candle melt-down (you know, where the liquid wax melts the surrounding stuff unevenly and it busts forth like a miniature dam exploding, extinguishing your "mood" lighting and making a mess).

2. I suspect that there's something not-right about how the gas line is connected to my oven. I think it was the smell when I turned it on that tipped me off. Either that or my cookies smell FOUL. Unless you're into that whole gas station aroma thing wafting through your kitchen...

3. I am allergic to a certain "parfum" in lotions they have at work and it makes me MASSIVELY break out within minutes. Of course lotions never identify their particular scents either, so that's really helpful to know. So for now I guess "blue bottles=bad" will have to be my operative maxim.

4. My mom is like 50 times cooler when we're not living together.

5. She's so much cooler that when I woke up the other night at 2:30am and my left arm was numb and called her convinced that I was ABOUT to have a heart attack she talked me down. I even managed to fall back asleep afterwards, despite the paralyzing fear that I might die in my sleep and not even know it. I did however have to change into cute panties first-- just in case. Grandma always advised to make sure you always have nice panties on in case you had to go to the hospital. Better safe than humiliated.

6. I keep getting into weird situations where I make cool friends, but not the kind that you can mesh with your other cool friends. Unfortunate.

7. I'm two papers, 4 exams, and 4 work shifts away from sanity and new projects. I like new projects. I also like sleep. Mmmm... sleep.

8. This is a little naughty, but I've realized why exams are so much harder for me this time around. In the past I've usually had a boyfriend around to makeout with. As HORRIBLE as it may sound, it's excellent stress relief. And endorphins are good for studying/alertness/etc. Pity. Guess I'm hitting the gym.

9. I absolutely abhor when professors assign busy-work. I'm way too cool for that shit.

10. I'm coming down with a cold. Don't share anything with me, and keep your Purrell handy.

11. Bubble baths don't solve everything.

12. Trucks going over potholes in the middle of the night might sound like an intruder opening your front door. But don't be fooled. Cuz you'll look like an idiot.

13. Little I say in the first 10 minutes after I wake up can be trusted. Especially if it has anything to do with cornmeal, the song "Good Vibrations," or scooters.

14. Pussy willows are an excellent substitute for baby's breath in a bouquet on your kitchen table in the spring. For real.

15. Living alone=increased cell phone minute usage.

16. Bubblemix is not an acceptable substitute for hand soap.

17. Bubblemix is not an acceptable substitute for dish soap.

18. Bubblemix makes furniture sticky. ... and is not an acceptable furniture cleaner.

19. Febreeze is not an acceptable substitute for laundering clothes.

20. "Ironing" dresses by hanging them up while you take a sinfully long shower has its distinct limitations.

annnnnd that's about all I got.

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kay Pea said...

Best. Post. Ever.

Fri May 09, 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger Lagartija said...

About #6, my EMT friend told me also that if they come and you are passed out or heart attck type thing, they have to take off your shirt, so you might want to make sure you have a cute bra as well next time you think you are going to have a heart attack.

Also, why do you have so much bubblemix? I mean, I know why I do...but you?

Sat May 10, 06:58:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

Bubbles delight me.

Sat May 10, 06:59:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

"I keep getting into weird situations where I make cool friends, but not the kind that you can mesh with your other cool friends. Unfortunate."

I totally hate when this happens. (Of course, it's always fun to imagine the fireworks/awkwardness if you DID put them together...;P)

Sun May 11, 07:27:00 PM  
Blogger Maximilian said...

Sometimes just for fun, I put all of my friends together, and watch what happens. It usually doesn't work out very well. Or it does, depending on what you wanted.

Awkward and inappropriate situations are what make life entertaining.

Also, wtf is bubblemix?

Mon May 12, 03:14:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

wtf is bubblemix? WTF IS BUBBLEMIX? Were you never a child? Have you never blown bubbles? What the? What?

It's soap and water, Max. And it's specific function is the productiton of bubbles that waft around while children chase after trying to pop them...

Sun Jul 13, 11:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger