2.10.07

"Hi, Bob! My name is Maggie and I'm going to be toiletting you... and anything else you can think of."

Yeah, so this CNA (certified nursing assistant) thing is a lot harder than it would seem. Even harder because one of my residents is a vet. It's really hard to assist something with EVERYTHING when they don't want assistance with anything.. but very much need it. Rough. Seriously rough. Not to mention, have you ever tried moving a 6'4 man with nothing but a gait belt around their waist? Oh, and they're hard of hearing so they can't hear half of what you say, so it's hard to even guide/instruct them to help you to what little degree they're capable. What about when they start falling and leaning on you and you have to hold them up for anywhere up to 10 minutes while performing the potty time "procedure." Seriously, my back is killing me. Hopefully I just don't have the technique down...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lagartija said...

Oh wow.

Wed Oct 03, 11:19:00 AM  
Blogger Krista said...

Hey... I know it hasn't been 3 weeks or anything... but where did you go? :)

Sat Oct 06, 01:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger