25.8.08

this post would be much better with a clever title

As I was working on learning the Russian alphabet today, I noticed that the Russian word for I (Я) is pronounced "ya" and the Russian world for yes (дa) is pronounced "da." The image that immediately came to mind was a Russian bride and groom at the altar during their wedding vows answering -- "ya da, ya da, ya da."
and yes, I realize that that's not at all accurate and so on, but I thought it was hilarious. Hopefully I'm not the only one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lagartija said...

Well, aside from my obvious curiousity as to WHY you were learning the Russian alphabet, I do have to say that I think it would be hilarious if you would bust out with that response at your wedding!

Tue Aug 26, 05:11:00 PM  
Blogger Kay Pea said...

I just peed in my pants a little from laughing. thanks phil.

Tue Aug 26, 08:08:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

Haha... Nice.

Y'know, I was thinking... it'd be worth looking into whether or not the milwaukee rec center offers russian... their classes are usually incredibly cheap...

Wed Aug 27, 11:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger