28.6.08

Scramble

Lately I've been OBSESSED with playing Scramble on Facebook. Yeah. I know. Facebook applications SUCK. But seriously... Scramble is... sigh. So nice. It's like a generic, online version of Boggle. I love zoning out into the world of words and just getting all intensely focussed on one thing. One thing that doesn't have a myriad of "what ifs" and other possibilities attached to it. Either you see a word, or you don't. No life-altering decisions. No consequences. Just friendly competition, and the possibility of winning (unless you're playing Krista.. she routinely skools me).

Day before yesterday I even discovered that I don't have to be hindered by my lack of a mouse. You can just type the words in and press enter! That really helped my scores. Also, they have "live games" with random people you can just jump in at any time, no strings attached, and practice. I like to refering to it as my "training." But really it's just another excuse to focus my mental energy that would otherwise be expended on worrying into something less.. destructive... when it's not my turn with the friends I'm actually playing with.

I recommend Scramble as a piddly activity to kill stress for anyone going through a rough time with minutes to spare where they want to turn their brain off. Plus, I'd be willing to assert that it's far more productive/less damaging than a more passive form of killing time or distraction like TV viewing or something lame like that.

So yeah. That's all I have to say about that. Scramble. Just do it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger