20.5.08

Solitude be gone

It looks like my last two months of solitude and relative isolation are nearly over. Chronologically:

1. Matt's back from Utah/Spain! He arrived in the states yesterday. No more living alone, baby. Or worrying about having borderline sketch people over, talking coworkers into helping me move heavy things, not bothering with clothes, smoking indoors (just foul... I blame exam stress), drinking out of the milk carton (I'm such a rebel), being scared at night, having to call a friend to help me with my flat tires, drinking my morning coffee alone, or talking to myself.

2. Phil's going to be in Milwaukee a week from tomorrow(ish)!!! This will be the first time we've seen each other since his leave ended July 5th, 2007. Prrreeetty crazy. My brain can hardly register it as reality... I'm getting all squirrely: why is it so much harder to wait a week than it was to wait a year?

And will he be more comfortable on the sofa or a cot?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I totally agree on the waiting a week bit. On a smaller scale: in the months before our wedding, I was living at home (Colorado) to plan it, and Matt was working in CA. We probably saw each other five times in eight months, and it was always those last two days, AND that hour drive to the airport to get him (or the flight for me to get to Cali) that was the worst part of that waiting, not the five or so weeks in between

SO excited for you, though! Did Matt bring you exciting gifts from Spain? (I do, of course, refer to the many and varied alcoholic treats that Spain has to offer...;P)

Tue May 20, 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger Kay Pea said...

Matt's back? Hooray. Come to chicago and visit now unless you are still mad at me.
but still, have fun with Phil, glad to hear he'll be home safe and sound.

Wed May 21, 04:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger