8.2.08

MAIL TIME!!

Don't pretend. You guys have all seen Blue's Clues. You know all about Mail Time and can sing the song, too.

It really resonates with me. Considering that I have definite letter reception rituals, it fits in quite nicely. Whenever I get a letter I dance around singing it to myself, occasionally making modifications to suit my purposes: "Someone's Got a Letter! Someone's Got a Letter! Someone's Got a Letter! WONDER who it's FROM!!" ... as I plop down cross legged in an armchair and proceed to take a good sniff at it. For some reason I'm eternally waiting to recieve a letter that has the scent of exotic spices and herbs- the kind that were enough incentive for Vasco da Gama to sail around the tip of Africa to obtain from the Far East. This all is usually preceded by waving it around in the air and squeals of delight/maniacal laughter. Absurd? Perhaps. Endlessly diverting? Absolutely.

But this brings me to all the junk mail I recieve. It's developing into a pet peeve; a daily source of irritation (excepting Sundays, of course). I get so much junk mail, or worse, (*gasp*) BILLS that it's perverting my delight in the postal system. Granted, I DID win a free cruise to the Bahamas in the mail the other day. But that was just not enough to restore the magic. Make it a Jungle Safari, and you gotcherself a deal.

I think I'm gonna look into paying off the mail lady to weed out my junk mail for me...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lagartija said...

Just wait until you are my age, then you will be excited the day you get a piece of mail that's NOT junk mail or bills. That will be a true anomoly. Even still, i always look forward to : Mailtime, Mailtime, MAILTIME! (Blues Clues tune)

Mon Feb 11, 05:44:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

I'm never getting old.

And hey, guess who just put in a load of laundry AND placed that order?

Mon Feb 11, 05:46:00 PM  
Blogger Lagartija said...

Nice! I will be over you know around 7:30 so i better find you asleep in your freshly made bed with your dresser full of dryer sheet fresh clothes. :)

Mon Feb 11, 05:50:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

Wait... I have to DRY them, too??

Mon Feb 11, 05:51:00 PM  
Blogger Matt G said...

I share your giddy excitement at the arrival of ("sniff, Ahhh") fresh mail! You should send me some. I should send you some.

Tue Feb 12, 05:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger