4.2.08

sprint is the devil

So after a few YEARS of having trouble with my Sprint service- being overcharged, ridiculous hidden fees, being falsely charged for "free" upgrades, unmerited service interuptions, poor customer service, failure to fully disclose terms of their agreements (ex: "you're qualified for a 5% discount on your bill because you've been a customer with us so long! Isn't that great!"-- just to find out by accepting I renew my contract, even though they didn't tell me that.), and spending countless hours on their crappy customer service line talking to 5 different reps just to "resolve" any little problem, I decided it was high time to get the hell out. Forget you, Sprint.

Also, Sprint is the Network Provider for "Planned Parenthood Wireless"-- they donate 10% of their revenue to planned parenthood to help educate people about their reproductive rights- you know, like the right to murder babies. Out of control. "Family Plan," anyone?

So now I've made a clean break and I'm a happy and healthy T-Mobile customer. In a moment of angst and rage at Sprint after an hour on the phone with them today I decided that even though I haven't slept in 24 hours I was going out in the rain and gloom to the T-Moble store to set things right. In addition to paying $20 less a month, my plan makes it so I can't go over my 1000 minute limit (which I don't anyway) while still allowing me to use it for nights and weekends. ALSO all calls to other T-Mobile customers (pretty much my whole fam and then some) are free, and I get to keep the same phone # I had with sprint. So I'm pretty much made in the shade.

So there, Sprint. I despise you and I'll curse your crappy company with your crappy overpriced phones and services 'till the day I die.

Oh, and PS? I despise you.

And now I'm gonna go curl up in bed with a smile on my lips and sleep the sweet sleep of the liberated consumer. Victorious I shall lie.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

Verizon was like that too. Started out just great, until I wanted to change my plan. Then everything started going downhill from there. Extra fees, extended contracts, etc. Sounds alot the same as what you had with Sprint. I now have Sprint and am happy so far. I have the simple plan, no extras though. I think that's where they get you, with all the extra stuff. Starts out free, then one month later its not. Then if you cancel it, you extend your contract, yada yada yada. Hopefully T-Mobile is more honest than these other two. Good luck!

Wed Feb 06, 01:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger