1.2.08

turns out I actually meant "indifference"

I guess it's time for another "I know I haven't posted in ages, here's an update" post. Well, why not? You have to start somewhere, neh? Even if you've already started a few times before...
Anyway, since my last known post:

Smoking is not something that I do anymore. I couldn't find my lighters and got tired of running out of matches so I quit. About the same time, I lost yet another pocket knife - bringing my total to at least 6 in the last 3 years. The one upside to all of this is that I now have a reason to carry my big, fuck off, shiny knife and it's not a problem that it makes it harder to get into my left pocket (the right one is already inaccessible because of my pistol) because as a nonsmoker, I'm not incessantly getting my cigarettes out of my pocket.

I still hate nonsmokers.

Do I need a new picture now?

We need MORE STOCKINGS!!! (no, not really)

I grew my hair out longer than it's been since I had a bihawk. (a little over 4 years ago)

I shaved my head.

I couldn't remember the word "mnemonic"

Found a cache of puppies (we were digging around in an area where we suspected weapons/explosives were hidden and instead a litter of puppies came tumbling out of a hole where they had been sleeping) and a nest full of baby mice (in the middle of a pile of tank Basic Issue Items in our room) within a week of each other.

I really, truly, deeply, genuinely hate officers.

Shot 120mm main gun for the first (not counting basic, where it was simply a matter of pulling the triggers and getting the hell out of the way) and probably last time.

Visited an Iraqi pleasure resort complete with disco dance room, swimming pool and rotating beds with built in stereo systems. Obviously closed down many years ago - stop worrying, Mags - but surprisingly still intact for the most part (the bars were still stocked, except that all the whiskey bottles were mysteriously empty.)

Played hacky sack as a platoon while waiting for the go ahead to roll out on a mission.

I've rediscovered my love of teaching. (starting, randomly enough, with an explanation of how you determine the correct battlesight range for a given weapon system/ammunition combination. ..which I won't go into unless anyone actually cares.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger mags said...

Yup. Totally need new pic.

Also, I have a horribly indecent image of a middle eastern man trying to keep his balance on the rotating circular bed so his turban doesn't fall off.

Stereotypes may be bad news, but they can be pretty dang funny sometimes.

Sat Feb 02, 05:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger