11.11.07

On Sleeping In

Somehow after years and years of making this same mistake, I still am able to delude myself into thinking that if I let myself sleep in on the weekend I'll get more done later in the day. It is just not true. See, not only have you wasted the high-impact hours of the day where you can get the most done, but you also wake up feeling groggy and blah, so you just aren't very productive. How can I be so fully aware of this after the fact EVERY SINGLE TIME, but still manage to be so utterly convinced as I shut off my alarm that this is 'for my own good.' Seriously. I gotta find a way to stop lying to myself in the mornings on the weekend...

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

"I gotta find a way to stop lying to myself in the mornings on the weekend..."
Do you still drink coffee? I've found that either a programmable coffee pot, set for about five minutes before you want to get up, does the trick: by the time your alarm goes off, your room is full of coffee smell. You couldn't stay in bed if you TRIED! (It's how I wrote my thesis in a week and a half. True story.)

Sun Nov 11, 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Um, "either"? I don't know why I said "either". Sorry about that.

Sun Nov 11, 11:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger