4.11.07

head in the clouds

I can usually tell when I'm getting a little too zoned out or lost in my thoughts while driving. As the owner an operator of a manual vehicle who often drives other cars, I somtimes forget what kind of car I'm driving and get confused. This results in stomping desperately around for the clutch, even hitting the gas in leiu of a clutch, hitting the gas and break at the same time, forgetting to put the car in park, or stalling out because I forget I need to put the clutch in. None of this really happens very often, but I must have been particularly lost in thought tonight, because I had three such occurences just driving to church and back. I'm thinking about getting stickers that say "Manual" or "Automatic" and putting them at the bottom of the windshield of each of the cars as a little reminder. Or maybe just one that says "Wake Up."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Oh goodness, do I identify with this post or WHAT?

Too many times to count, with the clutch/brake-pedal madness in my mom's MINIVAN. Yes.

Mon Nov 05, 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Lagartija said...

This reminds me of when Mom and Dad came to UD while Steve and I were both there. Since Steve knew the directions somewhere, they had him drive the van. Those were the days of the Omni I believe... and I'll never forget our screams of terror as he kept REPEATEDLY slamming on the brakes while we were flying down the highway! (thinking it was the clutch) It was hilarious, after we lived through it.

Mon Nov 05, 07:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger