5.11.07

Peer Pressure

Yeah! Woo-hoo! Alright!!

So after a few weeks or morbid depression and spontaneous bouts of crying, I appear to have snapped out of it for a bit. Rayna called a bit ago with a proposition. Apparently she's organizing a competition for a bunch of mutual friends (including one, possibly two of my ex-boyfriends, oddly enough) where we're each betting $20 that we can lose more weight than any of the other of the participants over the course of a month. Weigh-in is November 10th; contest ends December 10th. Nothing like a little peer pressure to get you riled up, right?

I feel so much more cheerful now! God, I love some friendly competition...

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

Competition helps me get alot of stuff done, even if it is just competition with myself. :) I have such a hard time understanding people who are not competitive... go Mags, you are going to win!!

Tue Nov 06, 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger Lagartija said...

I was about to ask you if I could join in the contest, but then I realized that was a stupid way for me to just fork over $20 since I'm PREGNANT. Duh!!

Well, that's O.K. because now I can be your personal trainer.

Tue Nov 06, 12:15:00 PM  
Blogger LMO said...

we may switch the dates to nov 9th for weigh in and dec 9th for weighing out because dec 10th is our fist exam day. that would mean weighing in this friday if you're available sometime for the phone in.

Also, if your sis or anyone else is a definite, let me know, because they higher the pot, the easier it should be for me to get other people to join in :)

Tue Nov 06, 01:06:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

Haha lagartija is my sister, so I guess not Rayna...

also, lagartija, I mentioned you when Rayna first told me about it cuz I thought you'd be interested, but then remembered (duh) you were pregnant, too! So funny...

Tue Nov 06, 03:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kay Pea said...

what...i want in.

Tue Nov 06, 06:06:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

Really? Will you be in mke on Friday night? With $20?

Tue Nov 06, 07:57:00 PM  
Blogger LMO said...

i hope you are mailing/have mailed in your $20.

and i just realized that i said we were getting our fists examined... thats silly

Fri Nov 16, 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

Fists examined? I don't even know what that means.

Fri Nov 16, 01:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger