12.11.06

Old Crow Medicine Show

... was playing at the House of Blues in Chicago this last Friday. What an EXCELLENT concert!! It was a great time- violent rain, crashing thunder and lightening, swarms of people, free flowing beer, and fan-frickin-tastic music! Again, I had a great time.

There was a little difficulty getting things going (among which was forgetting our tickets, having to find our brother who lives in Chicago- and incidentally was already "Getting There Drunk" by 7pm- at some random bar to get the keys to his apt in order to reprint them, losing them after reprinting them in the two blocks from the parking structure to the House of Blues, coming a hairs-breadth from dishonestly obtaining some more, buying some more off some random chick for way less than they cost), but once we did it was freakin' crazy fun.

The next morning we had the pleasure of meeting up with my Crazy Asian cousin for a brief but pleasant breakfast. I then had to take off early to RACE back to Milwaukee to get back in time for work- a feat I accomplished against odds with 67 seconds to spare. I then ROCKED at work and had an impressively high sales yield to dazzle my manager with.

After work I spent Saturday evening finishing 'To Kill A Mockingbird"- a DEFINITE favorite of mine. I then went shopping today, got my Crazy Asian cousin and sister (and myself- Tee Hee!) a Christmas present, as well as a winter coat (FINALLY! I've been freezing!) and some bubble bath (MMmmmmm... bubblebath). I then went to Mass and then went over to my sisters to watch Desperate Housewives while we chatted and drank hot cocoa. All in all, a very pleasant weekend. I owe it all to the precedent set by the OCMS concert: It was just the pick-me-up I've been needing.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger SomethingInMyEye said...

Hmmm. I wonder if this was Mags or Phil. It's my favorite part of reading this blog. I'm still trying to figure out which one fueled a tank in his/her underwear. . .

Mon Nov 13, 02:02:00 PM  
Blogger phil said...

...

Mon Nov 13, 03:31:00 PM  
Blogger Kay Pea said...

ooooOOOOO!! (high girlish screams) a present for me???!!! hehehehehe....(more girlish squeals)

Mon Nov 13, 09:56:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

Squealing... cackling....

that's some artistic liscence you're taking there, honey. ;)

Mon Nov 13, 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger Kay Pea said...

desperate housewives...i thought you had taste...

Tue Nov 14, 05:16:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

Touche.

Tue Nov 14, 08:20:00 PM  
Blogger LMO said...

umm... but it says at the bottom of every post who it was posted by????

Wed Nov 15, 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

Did the arrow tip you off?

Thu Nov 16, 05:24:00 PM  
Blogger LMO said...

no way man, i read posts from the bottom up, in the order of appearance. and then, if i find out that my comment is irrelevant after reading other posts, oh well, i can laugh at me.

Fri Nov 17, 11:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger