19.10.06

I played domestic today!

I had the day off work today, so I cleaned up the house and actually went to the bank, and the bakery, and grocery shopping and baked blueberry muffins and cooked my brothers dinner (steak and boiled baby potatoes, salad and beer) and had to try to keep it hot while they took forever to come upstairs from doing woodworking and then decided they had to not only shower first, but give themselves a haircut. Dinner was great, though.

It was nice and all. The whole domestic thing. But somehow... I have this strange aversion. This nagging voice in me keeps getting all panicky and telling me that this is what marriage is- spending the day catering to and cleaning up after someone else. And part of me is totally relieved and excited about that, but the other part of me is like... yeah.

That could so easily turn ugly with the wrong person.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SomethingInMyEye said...

didn't u say that u'd be in chicago over thanksgiving? or did i imagine that. cuz i might be.

Mon Oct 23, 07:51:00 AM  
Blogger mags said...

Yeah, I will! Phil might be too. And maybe a 20% chance of Danny S. I'm also planning on calling Rose H, so yeah.

Gimme a call about it!

Mon Oct 23, 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger Kay Pea said...

Mags...I have a question. email me.
P.S. why the hell didnt i get any blueberry muffins?

Wed Oct 25, 12:06:00 AM  
Blogger mags said...

Shouldn't you email me with the question first? This seems backwards...

Come visit me this weekend and I'll bake you cookies, too.

Thu Oct 26, 12:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger