20.6.09

Summer T-Storms

The thunderstorm the other night was AMAZING. Cracks of lightening that make you fear for your ears, howling winds, raindrops like hail stones. I tried to drive home at 3am and it was ridiculous. I know this area like the back of my hand, and still ended up driving 3x the necessary distance to get home because there wasn't enough visibility to see landmarks much less lanes, curbs, or street signs. It was OUT OF CONTROL. Just sheets of slated water, my windshield wipers on crazy high might has well have been off for all the good they did. Two + inches flooding the streets at all times. In dips in the road it was shin-deep lakes we faced where if you stopped your car was going to die on you...

It was so dang fun!!! I was parked directly in front of the building yet in the 3 seconds it took to run out it was still as though I dumped a pitcher of water on my seat cuz there was so much just ON my body.

Matt was at work doing deliveries and recounted an added complication of people running around naked in the streets everywhere... Haha... I love the violence and energy of Summer Storms in Milwaukee!!!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger ridleyi said...

Hey! Good to have you back.

Wed Jun 24, 12:54:00 PM  
Blogger mags said...

Awww... you still check!

That warms... something... inside of me. Possibly my kidneys. Or maybe I just need to piddle...

Thu Jul 02, 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger mags said...

Also. When I said "cracks of lightening".... well.

Thu Jul 02, 11:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger