4.3.08

¡Ya basta!


Today I decided I don't want to be a responsible adult anymore.
Work never ends. Never. Ever. You just gotta go. Period. That's the way it is. Do what other people tell you to. Forget that you want to go travel around and visit people you love. DC? Manassas? Santa Clarita? Ventura? Utah? Out of the question. You have to work.
What's that? You just put FOUR FREAKING HOURS of work into that project and you're hardly any further into than when you started? Oh. Sucks to be you. Keep working.
Oh, so you've got kids and you're going to stay home to be with them? That sounds GREAT! PSYCHE. That's WORK. Work, work, work, work, work, of the interminable variety.
I mean, don't get me wrong. Work can be great. It just can't be unENDing like this. I mean my gosh. When the hell is play time supposed to be? Immature people do not have these dilemmas.
And thus, as of today I refuse to mature. Ask me to do something for you? I'll do it halfass or say I did it when I didn't. Drone on and on about your problems? I'll start playing the parrot game 'till you break and then spit on you. Scare me? I'll piss my pants and refuse to clean it up. Hurt my feelings? I'll cry and break something valuable of yours. Inadverdently piss me off? I'll punch you in the face, steal your hat, and run away. Okay, maybe this wasn't exactly what I was like as an immature person... but it's what I wanted to be. Social mores always seemed to get in the way of all my fun.
But back to my point. I'm sick of this crap and just want to act up and make everyone's life a living nightmare, if only for a day... Today I want to raise some serious hell.
But I can't. Because that's unacceptable.
So I'm pouting instead.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Oh, BOY, do I know how you feel right now, or what?
(I've found that Lemon Drops help...NOT the candy...)

Tue Mar 04, 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger phil said...

awwwrgh... I miss you so much. Sorry life's so bloody relentless. (yeah, it turns out that it actually is my fault.) Keep on keepin' on though. And don't turn to the drugs no matter what erin says.

Wed Mar 05, 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger mags said...

I miss you too :(

you're sure i couldn't drop just ONE little lemon? hehe... kinda like acid...

Wed Mar 05, 08:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger