31.7.06

Rebuttal indeed

I wonder, when you point out that I clearly said works of fiction aren't like everyday life, why you assume that I was trying to say the exact opposite. Perhaps I can clarify:
1. Good fiction combines the rational and the animal.
2. Human=rational+animal.
3. Good fiction ~ human

I know, I know, it's one hell of a stretch. I shouldn't expect you to make that sort of connection without spelling it out step by step. But perhaps you could at least assume that you don't know what I mean before assuming that I'm blatantly contradicting myself. yeah? couldja do that for me? couldja? maybe? Okay, that would be greeaaat. Thanks darling.

So about that 'greatest human struggle' of not being fully able to see the reason in the events around us or fully control physical things (even our own bodies) according to reason... It seems to me that this problem is not a result of our human nature. Perhaps fiction appeals to our desire to have full possession of our human faculties. You might recall that before the evil of original sin there was no conflict between the physical and the spiritual part of our nature. yeah? maybe? you think you could recall that for me? couldja?


greeaaat.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger