24.7.06

Events Surrounding Today's Interview

1. Excessive coffee consumption causing anxiety and frenzy. I guess I just thought it would making me more "ready to go." I was wrong.

2. As soon as I finish shaving my legs the hot water runs out- had to wash my hair/finish showing in icy cold water. It was wretched, though invigorating.

3. Misplaced/thrown away?? Application, already filled out and ready to go-- Nowhere to be found.

4. Lack of a printer to print out new application to fill out (already with not enough time to do so). Had to drive over to my parents.

5. Lack of a purse that matched my suit. Frickin' details. Had to stop by my sister's house.

6. Run in my nylons. Spilled nailpolish on the floor when trying to stop it (clear nail polish is invisible and will stop the run from spreading, keeping damage minimal).

7. Had to clean up nailpolish so it wouldn't hurt the floor.

8. Ended up finishing filling out my application (resume was good to go, but had to transfer EVERYTHING) in the car in the parking lot, as well as in the lobby waiting for my interview. Total joke.

9. The Head Manager I was meeting with had a client unexpectedly show up at the same time I was supposed to interview with him, so I had to interview with someone lower down. Ended up probably being to my advantage because he was less experienced and I got to more or less be in control, but still not a good start.

10. My suit jacket has shoulder pads. That's just wrong.


But all in all it worked out pretty well in the end, and I think I just may get a second interview. It's weird how things work out.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger