24.8.06

One person at a time

That's really the only way to make the world better. For us normal kids anyway. I think I'm doing more harm than good right now though. I guess I have to be that first person that I change. It's so damn hard though, focusing on the little things. The problem is being willing to give up your life for what you believe. Not your death. Dying for something is easy (at least it seems like it would be to me.) I mean, you only have to do it once and it's such a major decision that you're going to care about doing the right thing. It's living; the mundane, repetitive, seemingly insignificant, everyday shit that's hard to do right.

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
- Wilhelm Stekel

I need to grow up.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger mags said...

You are *sniff* so beautiful *sniff* *sniff*

Thu Aug 24, 10:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger