4.7.06

Platonic love is an acquired skill

So I think that from the earliest age males and females are attracted to each other in a sexual way. This was proved to me this evening when I took my two year old nephew and three year old neice to the fireworks. My nephew ran around hitting everyone and trying to play tag with kids too old for him and then promptly fell asleep. But my darling little neice was wooed by a 5 year old boy into a game of tag. She wasn't as fast as him, but she's smart, darn it, and on many occasion managed to get him by blindsiding him with the most fantastically professional tackles you'll ever see from a 3 year old. From there it deteriorated into the two of them rolling around on the grass tackling each other the rest of the evening until my neice was too tired to even stand anymore at which point she collapsed on the blanket to sit and watch the end of the fireworks.
Her little boyfriend fanagled a seat on our blanket as well, even though his family was sitting on one right next to us, and played with her hair and tried to coax her into playing with him some more for the rest of the evening. He even broke his cookie in two to share with her, and at the end of the fireworks finale he spontaneously hugged her, even though she was clearly indifferent by this point. He totally had a crush on her! Anyways, I'm using this to illustrate how, unless a conscious effort is exerted, friendships between males and females always result in some sort of romantic interest on one side or the other. It'll start with tag, and end rolling around on the grass embracing. Everyone knows it's true. Fortunately, I'm quite skilled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

PHIL
match

 

"Does the road wind up-hill all the way? Yes, to the very end. Will the day's journey take the whole day long? From morn to night my friend."
--Christina Rossetti

Powered by Blogger